4.05.2009

another try

In the post immediately below this, I expressed my dismay that the firefox add-on wasn't working, and I couldn't even show what happened because my image upload button stopped working. HEY HEY success!! very cool! Now I can give it the review it deserves...
Let me say I downloaded fireshot the second time from their website rather than firefox's add-ons page. This article's title is linked to the "screenshot studio" page, the link is about half-way down, and the one that worked for me is the one for firefox.
I first heard about fireshot here, at lady programmer. I'd add her to my blogroll, but blogger isn't working at the moment either.
(Besides, if there's money to be made in writing, it won't be - i don't think - in politics. So I may pop back occasionally, but my future is elsewhere, so I'm going to use this blog as a trial site, and start another writing site out there some where.)
Anyhow, she's got several good ideas and I may publish more of them soon. After all, I'm on vacation!! WooHoo!!
This is how she describes the firefox add-on.
FireShot takes a screenshot of the visible or entire part of the browser page then lets the user edit, upload, save, or copy to the clipboard, print email or even edit it in other external editor. Its free version is very powerful indeed for simple jobs, but if you are working on batch images then consider an upgrade.

Read more: Useful Firefox Extensions for Writing and Promoting Blogs | The Lady Programmer - http://www.theladyprogrammer.com/firefox-extensions-for-writing-and-promoting-blogs/#ixzz0BqrJRASw
(i'm going to leave in that humiliating, shameless self-promotion just because i think it's cool! It's not in what I copied so there's a command in her html that forces it?)
Anyway, another thought brings me to the app's "crop" function. There is a button on the top of fireshot's editor that draws a rectangle or an ellipse, and I mistook it for the tool that cuts up the full page down to what I want shown. THAT is called the crop tool. duh. And that's why my first image came out so tall! Another neat thing about the images is they have that "click to enlarge" thing happenin'. Mine comes up in Picasa, I don't know what happens if the reader doesn't run that program?
I know I'll use this add-on many times, so thanks to the lady programmer! My final product looks good, and I've wanted one of these thing-a-ma-jigs for a long time!
With this post, I introduce a new label...

1 comment:

Gem said...

Hey I did not notice the extra thing that came after the link. I have no idea how that one came up.

But thanks for mentioning my post. Fireshot is not the only Firefox screenshot tool out there, but of all screenshot tools, I think this one is the best!