11.16.2006

Weak Is Coffee Quickly Brewed

In the attempt to feel like they are on the forward edge of conservative thought, I think many bright folks are running too quickly from shock and dismay to
planning for the next election cycle. More discussion, research is needed. Many, many pounds of beans still separate us from the time decisions need to be made regarding candidates! Let's aggressively remind folks who we are after we've figured out what went wrong...'cause it's not just about losing our conservative voice!

In a previous post I listed some of what I thought were the important reasons the GOP lost the elections. I have some more. To keep each article short, click the bold or scroll for my thoughts. If conservatives have any smarts, we'll have a lot more ideas, because the last elections were bad, folks.

First the previous...


But I think the loss is a direct result of (in no particular order):

1) all the earmark and "bridge to nowhere" nonsense.
2) Abramoff
3) lack of leadership on the border/immigration issues
4) lack of perceived progress in Iraq.

To those I'd add...


5) Lack of any movement toward a market based health plan
6) The Republicans still cannot deal effectively and consistantly with the media

No comments: